Sunday 26 August 2012

Return of the Wayward Blogger

Hello Blog, yes, I am still here... I have not fallen off the planet at all! Where have I been? Well, yes I have been on the computer... it hasn't been broken. Truth is, I stopped.... just stopped! I still went to work and did stuff, but fear made me stop moving forward. And so, dear Blog, I stopped blogging too. Because this was my way of tracking my progress, I felt as if there was none being made... so there was no point and a great deal of embarrassment in trying to write about anything.


So, what has been happening in the last 5 months or so?? I finished my second round of 12WBT and lost another 4 or 5 kilos. Then I signed up for another round and lost no weight at all. My excuse? Injury. Fact: because I was hurt and couldn't excercise I just ate & drank whatever I wanted. Strangely enough I maintained and haven't put on any weight! Although I am a bit squidgier. So, here I am at 68kg and a size 14... still a vast improvement on where I started. But only halfway to where I want to be.

So... yep, you guessed it! I have rejoined for my 4th round. But, I think I have a bit of a different attitude now. I have met a wonderful person who does Reiki Crystal Healing... it has helped... a lot. She also runs a meditation group which I have gone to once and look forward to continuing to attend. So, my focus this round is much more on balance. My committment to this round sounds a bit different:




My commitment is to myself... after 3 rounds of 12WBT 
and achieving very small weight loss results in the last 2 rounds, I now commit to learning to have balance in my life. I will strive to achieve the best version of myself Physically, Mentally & Spiritually. I will watch & listen to the lessons I need to learn in order to achieve this goal both from Mish with her wealth of excercise & nutrition knowledge and elsewhere for the mental & spiritual guidance I will need. I will organise my life in order to achieve regular excercise and healthy nutrition. I will not push myself to the point of injury again but will listen to my body in order to get the best results possible. I will eat clean & healthy food and keep to the 1200 calorie limit in order to achieve a healthy BMI. I will not berate myself if I slip up, but will acknowledge my human frailties, pick myself up kindly and continue toward my ultimate goal. I commit to rediscovering the joy that has been missing in my life and learning to dance again to the music in my heart. This will not take 12 weeks, this will be my goal for the remainder of my life. Life is a journey let’s make it a long, loving and healthy trip. I am committed to doing whatever is necessary to get me there.



So, for the moment I am sticking to low impact excercise (at least I will be when I start tomorrow) I thought about jogging for my 1km time trial, but thought about how sore my back was the day before and had that niggle in my hip and (wisely I think) decided to take an alternative and did my time trial on the rowing machine. I have realised I think that I am in fact 53, not 23 or 33, not even 43... and although I believe i will manage to be strong enough to run again, that time is not now. For now the Cross Trainer & the Rowing Machine are my friends.




And so, dear Blog I am back, hopefully for a while this time. Ciao for now.











No comments:

Post a Comment