Tuesday 17 January 2012

Ignoring the Voices

It seems that I wasn't particularly motivated on Monday to write a post. I'm not sure how I'll manage during the week, work tends to get in the way, dammit!

So, today I thought I'd talk about what started this in the first place... the need to lose weight! I've been saying for years now that "I must lose some weight" Definitely wanted to be fit and fabulous by 50...lol. Would try various "diets" and have joined numerous gyms over the years... but as is the case with so many others I would begin with the best of intentions and fall off the wagon within weeks! My motivation would dissipate like fog on a sunny day!



And then of course I joined Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation, Round 3, 2011. And amazingly to myself and those who know me, I have stuck with it!! True I didn't push myself as hard as I now know I could have... I'm still struggling to be honest with those voices that tell me that "I can't do it", "I'm too tired", "I'm too sore"... I'm sure you can relate. But I am pushing back knowing that I can do it, even if I'm too tired or too sore! I fight back with positive affirmations of what I will do.



My Motivated Monday (yesterday) didn't start the best. Went out in the morning for a planned walk/jog (still trying to learn to run - those voices aren't helping the process) and it didn't go so well. Couldn't get into a rythm, my running partner (that would be the dog) was pushing me  to go to fast, just BLAH! Managed to burn 183 calories according to my shiny pink HRM.. not brilliant, not happy. Off to work for the day - have I mentioned there are stairs to my office? That afternoon I went to a Zumba class (I am SO uncoordinated), heaps fun, I walked there and back too. Managed 588 calories. Much happier :)


Continued on today (Tuesday), had a gentle walk this morning because I knew I was going to a group workout this afternoon. Groan, Ouch....lol. We had fun (am I becoming a masochist? lol) Thanks to our fearless leader for putting together our torture sessions.

So, here I continue, where I never have before! Sticking to the meal plans, excercising 6 days a week, and more importantly, being excited about the process. I must be boring everyone around me silly with my continual chatter about it all. But I am so lucky that everyone family, friends, workmates...        are all so supportive. Thanks to them all!






1 comment:

  1. I'm SO excited to hear you so excited about the process Mum! Its heaps better than hearing you talk about work!! hahaha and now we have something that we really have in common and can encourage each other xoxo proud of you

    ReplyDelete