Saturday 14 January 2012

Why Now??

Well, why not? It's been a long time coming! I've been wanting to start a blog - actually I did start another, I think I put up one post. It was about going camping.Then we stopped going camping... End of that particular blog!

This time I am going to be boring any brave readers with my reflections on a personal journey rather than a physical one. Hopefully it may work like a free therapy session for me where I can share my angst, my highs and lows and emerge at the other end with a better understanding of myself.

So, you may ask, what brought this on? Initially, it was about losing weight! August last year, I was a size 18.. and my size 18 jeans were getting TIGHT! Bloody Hell! Next stop was a size 20! Bugger that... NO WAY was I going to buy ANYTHING in a size 20. Now don't get me wrong, I had "tried" a few weight loss programs (I really hate shakes), joined a few gyms etc... over the years. It would work for a while (I would work for a while), then "something" would happen and I would stop - fall off that old weight loss wagon so to speak.

Then, for a few days in a row last year, on the radio while at work, I heard Michelle Bridges asking "Would you like me to be your Personal Trainer?" Finally I gave in to the message that the Universe was sending me and checked out the website she kept telling me about for her 12 Week Body Transformation program.

So, I joined, 2 days before the program started - it was a rush to get through all the Pre-Season tasks, and I didn't do them very well - but I joined and thought maybe, just maybe this might work! I thought it was just about the weight loss. I was wrong!

The program made me confront the reasons I put on weight to begin with. It was difficult, it still is. I struggled with it all, and I still am struggling. Change does not come easily and my old habits are still rearing their ugly heads and screaming at me to remain in the same old rut. I learnt some new things during the 12 weeks and tried to confront and get rid of some nasty habits that were contributing to not only my weight gain, but my unhappiness. You notice I said "tried" I did manage to lose a significant amount of weight (9.2kg) but most of my old habits are still hanging around.

So, fast forward to now! In 2 days the Pre-Season for Round 1, 2012 12WBT kicks off. This time I will do the tasks set to me with a hell of a lot more integrity than last round. This is so much more than a "Body Transformation" to me, I want to transform my life and become the best version of me. Happy, healthy, energetic, loving life and living it! Let the games begin!

2 comments:

  1. I've got a feeling that your blog, your journey is going to be truly inspirational and well worth the read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks RDub... I truly was not expecting a comment like that. I hope you're right!

    ReplyDelete